Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Home almost 3 weeks!

Wow that time has gone fast!!Ava starts school next week and I go back to watching my nephews. I watched them this last Tuesday and it was really fun to have them back. I really really missed them. Genet got her first set of shots on Monday, four of them with 7 vaccines!poor thing. She literally limped around until Tues afternoon. and we have to go back in a month for one more BUT then hopefully the flu shots will be available and then we will all have to get one too. someone asked me the other day if there has been any surprises and I thought for a moment, I am absolutely amazed at how our God knows just the right child, Genet has been an utter JOY!don't get me wrong, there are some tough things, like sibling rivalry, food, lice, scabies, giardia etc.lol BUT all I can say is how happy I am to finally have her here. She is amazing, in the morning she yells, MOM, until I come get her than she lays in bed with me, and puts her arms around me and smiles, kisses my cheeks,over and over. I tell her, I am sooo glad I am your mommy and she smiles more. God is so Good!This adoption journey has grown me in my faith and trust in the Lord to such a much deeper level. I am mourning the anticipation of meeting her, I know that sounds twisted, but I really feel God is moving my heart towards Ethiopia again.Maybe another adoption, I feel part of my heart is still there. That is the only way I can describe my feeling of longing. Does it mean we will adopt again?does God want us to do missions there?I guess we will have to wait and see what the Lord reveals.
God Bless,
Dawn

1 comment:

Jay said...

Hi Dawn - just read your last blog and I understand your feelings completely. We may adopt again too - but in the meantime, I'm going back to Ethiopia in November with several other AWAA adoptive families and Childrens' Hopechest (www.hopechest.org) to develop orphanages into long-term carepoints. We are going to develop sponsorship with an entire orphanage!! Read the details on my blog if you get a chance www.family-from-afar.blogspot.com

If you are interested in getting involved in any way - let me know. blessings - Karen Wistrom kjwistrom@yahoo.com