Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Home for one week!




WE have now been home for a week!I am still doing loads and loads of laundry. We treated for lice and every little piece of lint in any one of our heads has me looking at it with a microscope. Genet got her teeth cleaned by Auntie Tammy on Monday(we got in on a cancelation)she did so good, we got great xrays and her teeth are in really good shape, no decay. The dentist estimated her to be about 3 1/2 so we are going to use our referral date of Feb 17th as her birthday. Her official date of birth will be February 17th, 2006! I also had a pediatrican appt for her on Wed that I made prior to traveling. I showed the Dr. some bumps on her wrists and palms and she said oh that is scabies!SUPER!so on Wednesday night; Genet, Ava, Mike and I all had to put on this cream after baths and leave on all night.In addition to getting stool samples for the parasites they think she has in her tummy.(poor thing)So yesterday(thursday) I washed all our bedding and clothes again.We finally got outside in the afternoon, it has been raining(pouring)since the beginning of the week. Other than those minor things, some things about Genet: she is a daredevil, this is God's sense of humor on an extremely cautious and doting mother who has always been afraid to have boys. She will climb the monkey bars and flip over and sometimes land on her feet. She thinks it is extremely funny when she lands on her head,back or shoulders.UGH!She goes down the slide head first,has already tackled a bike with training wheels, she gets stuck as yells, MOM until I come and turn her around and she has no fear of water. I have already signed her up for swimming this fall. She LOVES it when Mike throws and flips and wrestles her, I can hardly watch. She laughs so hard in this huge belly laugh that is just infectious. Ava and Genet fight like they have been sisters since the begining of time and Genet wants to be with her all the time, She yells Ava, Ava, Ava all day. Genet is a really good sleeper at night, naps are hit or miss. The only tough thing for me is the food. She is extremely picky and will not even try anything, she smells the box or carton and says no,no,no. Ava has always been such a good eater that this is definately out of my element.I am not pushing it yet but eventually she will be made to at least try it. She likes Dora and playing with Ava's barbies, mostly she like to play with the hair. She is particular about what she wears and she LOVES to wash her hands(like she is getting ready for surgery)I have to go in and shut the water off. She loves to brush her teeth that also takes about 15 minutes, I should not complain, I have to fight with Ava to do it and she takes about 30 seconds.lol other than that we are getting settled in. Mike has been working from dawn to dusk(literally)and he just left this morning(Sat)it is a mixed blessing. Can't complain about work.Soon he will be home all the time and driving me crazy.Ava starts school in a couple of weeks so we will be getting her ready in the next week for that. Grandma Heidi is taking her shoe shopping next week!anyway I hear little footsteps on the stairs..gotta go...

2 comments:

Why create this blog? said...

Dawn, so funny to read about Genet. Other than the eating thing (GRACE WILL EAT ANYTHING)it sounds like they are a lot alike. Gracie is a daredevil too, absolutely fearless!

Nichole said...

So great to read about Genet and how you guys are all settling in! I loved reading about your trip. She's so blessed to have such a great family. Can't wait to meet her!